ok, I think it’s time for a masterpost regarding confessions. Brace yourselves.
- No hate. Hate will be deleted and will not be posted. Exceptions can be made, for example if you hate a character and you have a valid argument to support your opinion, then that would be ok. But any hate towards an actor will be deleted without any second thought.
- Try to use proper grammar. I know, we’re pretty bad at editing grammar, but we have a lot to do, and checking grammar kind of slows the whole process down. We do change some things, making the sentence understandable and such. It would help if you could double check your confession before you send it in, but we’ll try to think about editing grammar from now on. As long as we meet each other halfway, this can work smoothly.
- Patience. Yes, we probably have received your confession, if Tumblr hasn’t eaten it (which does happen), and yes, if you’ve followed the first rule then your confession will be made UNLESS it’s been deleted due to too many confessions about the same thing, eg. “I love the Bollywood scene” vs. “The Bollywood scene was really good.” We usually try to pick one of them so that things kind of vary a bit. Everything is put into this lovely little queue of ours, where a confession is posted every hour or so, due to complaints about spamming dashes and such. So that would be around 24-27 confessions per day, and we get quite a lot, so your confession is probably on the way! If you’re worried about it, then contact one of the owners and we will help you out.
- Play nice. If anything, I think everybody is aware of the hate that exists in the fandom, and at times it feels like this blog is harbouring that hate, making it easier to be mean whilst remaining anonymous. That is sadly a major unwanted secondary affect to this blog, which was never the initial intention when this blog started. Be nice is the only advice I can give to you all. There is no reason to be hateful towards others because they prefer a fictional character that you dislike. That is not a legitimate reason to be cruel, and it is definitely not the way to approach tranquility in the fandom.
- Be nice to owners. This is just a friendly reminder that we are people that run this blog, with lives outside of tumblr with schoolwork and jobs and other stuff. We are not robots, but we do work hard on getting most of the confessions made and it’s really nice to get messages saying that they enjoy the blog, but we do also get rude messages from people, and that makes it less fun to make confessions, and it makes it feel more like a duty to please people. Despite this, we do get some feedback, which is amazing and I’d like to thank everyone who has sent in suggestions to us. (mwah!) Most of them are very polite and helpful, and it helps if you’re not on anon, so that we can work together and fix whatever it is. Being impudent isn’t the way to get your point across.
That might be it, I think. The last one wasn’t really about confessions but.. whatever. If you have any further questions, or if you want advice about anything Smash related then just ask. That is all, thank you all very much!
asked: "Hey, I'm really trying to send my posts to try to help a little with the confessions, but they are not going. What should I do about it?"
First click on the Submit button, then click on ‘make a text post’ and change it to ‘…a photo’ (not sure exactly what it says, but it’s along those lines. Then just upload the picture and send it in! Thank you so much for helping out. I really appreciate it.